Chicken Rangreza will energize your soul with bright, vivid colors – the accent of its citrus, the excitement and funk of its black salt, the depth of its smoke, the earthiness of its texture, the vividness of its aesthetic, and the nuttiness of the ghee…in every bite. A new taste but a familiar warmth.
Why your tandoor helps this dish: The 750° F char from the tandoor adds a key depth of smoke and elevates the flavors of each whole spice. Using charcoal or a gas burner system, the high heat is extremely important in creating molecular reactions to increase flavors and extract the most from your ingredients.
1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tbsp Crushed Coriander Seeds
1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
1 Tbsp Ground Coriander
1 Tbsp Ground Turmeric
1/4 Tbsp Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Tbsp Black Salt
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp White Pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbsp Citric Acid or Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 Tbsp Hing
2 Tbsp Chickpea/Gram Flour
4 Tbsp Kasoori Methi
4 Tbsp Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder (or more) *Use Aleppo Pepper if you can!
2 Tbsp Paprika
3 Tbsp Breadcrumbs
5 Tbsp Yogurt
3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
1 Large Egg
5 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Mix all ingredients (except chicken and egg) well with hung yogurt in bowl
- Taste and then add salt as required. Salt *a little* more than you’re comfortable with – it will impact the food during cooking.
- Add egg to the mixture and mix well.
- Score the chicken (make cuts on surface).
- Add 5 Boneless Chicken Thighs to bowl (leave fat on)
- Mix well, cover, let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Skewer and drop into tandoor at around 700-750F. *Tandoor adds a level of heat that leads to a char that is essential in the depth of flavor of this dish.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes. It should have char marks on outside. (slice a small piece and see if cooked on inside)
- RECOMMENDED bonus: Prepare a pot over the tandoor or stove with 1 Tbsp ghee. Add finished chicken and toss for 4-5 minutes.
- Eat and change your life!
GULATI Home Tandoor Bundle
You Will Receive:
- Authentic Indian Tandoori Oven
- 10 Skewers
- Gadhi (cushion for bread)
- Mouth Cover
- Weather Cover
- Exclusive Accessories: IR Temperature Gun, Tandoor Gloves, Charcoal Starters